You are here
RDA Toolkit Offer 2020-2021
Begins:November 1, 2020
Ends:October 31, 2021
RDA Toolkit is an integrated, browser-based, online product that allows users to interact with a collection of cataloging-related documents and resources including RDA: Resource Description and keyword searching all documents; the ability to create, store, and share personal and local cataloging documents; and an unlimited number of profiles that allow individual users to set and save personal preferences. It includes:
- RDA instructions in English, French, Finnish, German, Italian, and Spanish that are searchable and browsable
- AACR2 Rule Number Search of RDA instructions through the Advanced Search menu
- Workflows and other procedural documentation that is created by subscribers and can be shared within an organization or with the entire community of subscribers
- Mappings of RDA to different schemas, including MARC 21
- Two views of RDA content—by table of contents and by element set
- Full text of AACR2
- Policy statements from the several national libraries including the Library of Congress, British Library, and Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
- Music Library Association Best Practices (MLA BP)
- Examples of RDA Cataloging
- What you need to evaluate and implement RDA; to make cataloging decisions based on principles; to increase efficiency; to facilitate collaboration; and to help position the community for the future by making bibliographic data accessible on the Web
Last updated: October 1, 2020
- Limited Authorized Users
To JOIN libraries should contact BC ELN by the response deadline.
Late subscribers are welcome and will be pro-rated to the common renewal date.
Interested institutions whose current subscription term to the RDA Toolkit does not match the current offer term (November 1, 2020 - October 31, 2021) will be eligible to join this ConCan offer after the expiry of their current term (pro-rated for the 2020-2021 ConCan term, then renewing in 2021 from November 1st).