You are here

Billings

For each BC ELN license, the vendor issues one invoice to BC ELN covering the cost of all BC ELN partner library participation.  BC ELN then charges each participating library with their individual cost. Costs are accumulated and invoices are issued to partner libraries approximately 8-10  times each fiscal year. Invoices are in Canadian dollars.  Foreign currency exchange is calculated according to the SFU Finance department exchange rate in effect on the invoice date.


Online Billing System: https://consortiamanager.com/

FAQs

What is unrecoverable GST and how much is it?  
The unrecoverable GST (Goods and Services Tax) is the amount of tax remaining after the rebate from the federal government. The whole GST rate is 5%.  With the 67% rebate for purchases related to educational services, the unrecoverable GST is reduced to 1.65%.  This unrecoverable portion of the tax is charged to BC ELN on vendor invoices and then passed on to institutions.

Why is there PST, 7%, being charged on this Billing invoice?
Some resources such as Feature Film Public Performance Rights and the Professional Development Unit of 4 Seasons of Reconcilation are subject to BC's PST, 7%.  The vendor charges us this amount and we pass it on to the subscribing library.  This may show up on the invoice combined with the unrecoverable GST, 1.65%, for a total of 8.65%.

Why does this year’s subscription cost more compared to last year’s?
While there is usually a small annual increase in cost, we try to keep it to 3% or less.  There are also variations in the US exchange rate used to convert costs to CAD.  If you believe the increase is in error, please contact office@eln.bc.ca.

Why wasn’t my library issued an invoice?
Not every library will receive an invoice for every billing.  Your library may not subscribe to any of the subscriptions on this particular billing.  If you believe this is in error, please contact office@eln.bc.ca as soon as possible.

Can I pre-pay for my database costs?  
Yes, any institution can pre-pay before the start of the new fiscal or very early in the fiscal. The amount will not be applied to any specific database cost as it will be taken off the next Billing invoice issued.  To request a pre-payment invoice, please contact office@eln.bc.ca.