You are here
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS)
EBSCO Discovery Service
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) takes research to the next level through a perfect combination of content and technology, taking into account all of the critical elements in the research process, and changing the expectations of how a discovery solution can and should address the needs of its users, whether it's:
- A simple search by an undergraduate student
- A sophisticated search by a post-graduate researcher
- A library administrator looking to quickly and conveniently streamline resources
EDS provides a fast, streamlined search through a single search box, but within the context of a greater experience that pulls together intuitive features and functionality, high-end indexing via Inclusion of Subject Indexes, and instant access to critical full text, leveraged from the leading EBSCOhost research platform and databases, as well as from key information providers. And as EDS continues to evolve, the end goal remains the same—helping users to find and access the highest-quality content for the best-possible research experience.
Full Text Finder
Today’s users expect an intuitive, time-saving experience when searching for journals and articles. With Full Text Finder (FTF) library users enjoy as much. FTF delivers a predictive search experience and includes a host of features from responsive auto-complete ranked by popularity of titles, to known-item search, to full-text linking, relevance ranking, and discipline-specific browsing.
Full Text Finder delivers a modern experience by providing:
- Seamless Discovery Integration - A single place for users to conduct standard discovery as well as known-item citation lookup in a seamless and integrated manner.
- Responsive Auto-complete - The most advanced auto-complete technology in the industry. It anticipates what a user is looking for, eliminates the need to navigate an antiquated alphabet directory, and does away with the endless hunt-and-peck browsing to find a specific title. As such, FTF is orders of magnitude faster and more efficient for library users.
- Publication-Targeted Full Text Search - The ability for users to quickly and easily target their search to the full text within a title.
- Discipline-Specific Browse - A simplified subject browse with built-in searching, eliminating a place where most users traditionally give up when they try to find titles related to a particular topic.
- State-of-the-Art Linking - Seamless integration of OpenURL linking and smartlinks that are guaranteed to get users directly to the full text without traditional linker menus.
- Faceting of Publication Search Results - The ability for users to quickly narrow search results to only those that are most relevant.
Last updated: April 17, 2015