You are here
Shared Streaming Video Collection Renewal 2018-2019
Begins:January 1, 2019
Ends:December 31, 2019
This collection of streaming videos consists of 46 titles selected by media librarians and licensed on a perpetual basis for all BC public post-secondary libraries.
As of January 2017, 38 of these titles are available via the McIntyre Streaming Media platform. The Adventures of English 8 titles are available via the Infobase Learning Films on Demand platform.
A survey was conducted in 2014 to gauge interest in continuing this shared collection, with all participating institutions contributing to its administrative cost. The survey results indicated strong interest in continuing.
According to the original license negotiated by AEMAC, only BC public post-secondary institutions may have access to this collection. Non-public and non-BC institutions are not eligible to participate. BC ELN is taking on the management of the shared collection of perpetual-access videos, originally created by AEMAC in 2009.
Eligible institutions are:
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Camosun College
- Capilano University
- Coast Mountain College
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Douglas College
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan College
- Royal Roads University
- Selkirk College
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trinity Western University
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of British Columbia
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Island University
The collection is open only to those who were part of the original agreement through AEMAC. To renew, no response is required from the above institutions.
Pricing and Trial Access
Terms & Conditions
- Individual titles can be suppressed at the library level, using the admin interface.