You are here
LexisNexis Renewal 2018-2019
Begins:January 1, 2018
Ends:December 31, 2018
LexisNexis Academic Core
- "provides access to full-text news, business, and legal publications, using a variety of flexible search options ... Access over 10,000 news, business, and legal sources. The outstanding news coverage includes deep backfiles and up-to-the-minute stories in national and regional newspapers, wire services, broadcast transcripts, international news, and non-English language sources." LNA also contains all the content of Quicklaw Core.
- More info on the product: http://academic.lexisnexis.com/online-services/academic-overview.aspx
- Downloadable title lists are available here: http://amdev.net/rpt_download.php?reg=CAN
LN Academic Core + Quicklaw Core
Because Quicklaw's content is now in LNA, this option is for LNA subscribers who also want the QL interface.
LN Academic Plus
- includes all the LNA content plus the content in Quicklaw Plus.
Quicklaw Core Quicklaw Core
- includes Canadian caselaw, legislation, board and tribunals, Canadian and US law journals and the Canada Digest
- "Canada’s market leader in online legal research, the Quicklaw service provides access to the most comprehensive collection available of case law, legislation, exclusive current awareness services, expert commentary and more." For more info on the product please see: http://www.lexisnexis.ca/en/our-solutions/academic/academic-librarians/research-solutions/complete-and-comprehensive-research/quicklaw.aspx
- For the content of QL Core please see the Qucklaw Source Directory at http://www.lexisnexis.ca/en/our-solutions/academic/academic-librarians/research-solutions/complete-and-comprehensive-research/directory.aspx
- However, please note that that some of the material in the "Commentary" section of that list is in the QL Plus package, not QL Core.
- All content in Quicklaw Core is now included in LexisNexis Academic.
- There is some additional content which is available only for law school students. They must use the Register screen to log in in order to view this content. Spreadsheet of titles: http://www.concan.ca/docs/view.php?id=289
Quicklaw Plus contains all the content in Quicklaw Core and a set of premium supplementary content.
- Halsbury’s Laws of England
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada (all volumes)
- Juris Classeur and JurisClasseur Quebec
- over 50 Butterworths texts
- Significant collections of US, UK, Aust/NZ legal materials
- Litigation and Solicitors Forms & Precedents
- Practice Products in various areas of law e.g. Intellectual Property, Labour, Employment, Criminal, Family, Immigration
Last updated: December 15, 2017
LN Academic Core and Plus usage statistics are SUSHI and Counter compliant. Login to http://usage.lexisnexis.com/ with your institutional credentials to access the statistics. Instructions on how to obtain usage reports are available on the vendor's website.
Quicklaw Core and Plus usage statistics are not SUSHI or Counter compliant. Statistics are in the standard format for law firms. Please contact the vendor directly to obtain usage statistics.
- IP Authentication
- Remote Access
- Unlimited Authorized Users
- Alexander College - LNAC
- British Columbia Institute of Technology - QLC
- Capilano University - QLC
- Douglas College - QLC
- Justice Institute of Technology - QLC
- Langara College - QLC
- Okanagan College - QLC
- Quest University Canada - LNAC
- Royal Roads University - LNAC
- Simon Fraser University - LNAC; QLC
- Thompson Rivers University - LNAP; QLP; Employment and Securities add-ons
- Trinity Western University - QLC
- University of British Columbia - LNAP; QLP
- University Canada West - LNAC
- University of Northern British Columbia - QLC
- University of Victoria - LNAC
- Vancouver Community College - QLC
- Vancouver Island University - LNAC; QLC
To RENEW, no response is required from current subscribers as listed above. To JOIN, CANCEL or to CHANGE OPTIONS, libraries should contact BC ELN by the response deadline.
Libraries are welcome to join this license after the subscription start date of January 1, 2018. New subscribers will be pro-rated to the common renewal date.