You are here
Canadian Newsstream Renewal 2019-2020
Begins:August 1, 2019
Ends:July 31, 2020
Canadian Newsstream provides the very best access to current, full-text newspapers with longer backfiles and more timely access to The Globe and Mail, National Post, Montreal Gazette, Ottawa Citizen, Toronto Star, Regina Leader Post, Edmonton Journal, Vancouver Sun and the Victoria Times Colonist. Titles can be searched together or separately for maximum researcher efficiency.
Canadian Newsstream is fully cross-searchable with other important ProQuest products including the ABI/INFORM Collection, Historical Newspapers, Canadian Business & Current Affairs (CBCA), and all other databases the institution accesses via the ProQuest platform giving researchers the latest news to complement their topic research.
Canadian Newsstream’s indexing helps researchers quickly find the news information they need as well as track news events over time or at location of origin. The indexing covers complete bibliographic information and subjects, companies, people, products, and geographic areas. Each issue of every newspaper is indexed, so users have access to the top news stories and also detailed information on the arts, sports, business, and popular culture.
ELN Sites may choose to subscribe to one or more of the following collections within the Canadian Newsstand database:
- Major Dailies: includes major daily papers from across Canada
- Canadian Newsstream: Complete: includes all titles from the Major Dailies collection as well as the now defunct Pacific Collection
Last updated: June 2020
ELN sites currently use the ProQuest interface to Canadian Newsstream. Historical statistics can be found using the instructions for the SLRI interface.
ProQuest usage statistics:
Electronic usage reports are part of the ProQuest Local Administrator Application. To access this feature, you must have a Local Administrator ID and password. Please contact ProQuest Customer Service to have a Local Administrator account set up (phone 800-889-3358 or email email@example.com). To login to the ProQuest Local Administrator, point your browser to http://proquest.umi.com/lad
- Click "Usage Report."
- Select the report type. Several options are available.
- Select the time period you want covered by the report ("Usage Period")
- Select the delivery method: email or display to screen. If you have any questions, please contact ProQuest customer service (phone and email given above.)
- BCIT - MAJOR DAILIES
- Camosun College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Capilano University - MAJOR DAILIES
- College of New Caledonia - MAJOR DAILIES
- Columbia College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Douglas College - COMPLETE
- Emily Carr University of Art & Design - MAJOR DAILIES
- Justice Institute of British Columbia - COMPLETE
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University - COMPLETE
- Langara College - MAJOR DAILIES
- North Island College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Okanagan College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Simon Fraser University - COMPLETE
- University of British Columbia - COMPLETE
- University of Northern British Columbia - COMPLETE
- University of the Fraser Valley - MAJOR DAILIES
- University of Victoria - COMPLETE
- Vancouver Community College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Vancouver Island University - COMPLETE
- Yukon College - COMPLETE
To RENEW Major Dailies or Canadian Newsstream, no response is required from current subscribers as listed above. To CANCEL or to CHANGE OPTIONS, libraries should contact BC ELN by the response deadline.
Late joins are permitted and prices will be prorated from the point of access.