You are here
Canadian Newsstream Renewal 2019-2020
Begins:August 1, 2019
Ends:July 31, 2020
Canadian Newsstream offers unparalleled access to the full text of nearly 360 newspapers from Canada's leading publishers, with longer backfiles and more timely access to The Globe and Mail, National Post, Montreal Gazette, Ottawa Citizen, Toronto Star, Regina Leader Post, Edmonton Journal, Vancouver Sun, and the Victoria Times Colonist. Titles can be searched together or separately for maximum researcher efficiency.
This full text database includes the complete available electronic backfile for most newspapers, providing full access to the articles, columns, editorials, and features. Some backfiles date as far back as the late 1970s and 1980s. Canadian Newsstream content is updated daily so researchers always have timely access to new information.
Offering Canadian Newsstream through the ProQuest web interface provides subscribers with a single point of access to integrated Canadian, U.S., and international content and takes advantage of the extensive features and functions of the interface.
Now you're able to create an online newspaper resource from one of the world's largest newspaper collections to best meet the needs of your library's patrons. In addition, researchers can cross-search Canadian Newsstream with the Canadian Business & Current Affairs™ (CBCA) database, a very powerful combination for the retrieval of Canadian information.
ELN Sites may choose to subscribe to one or more of the following collections within the Canadian Newsstand database:
- Major Dailies: includes major daily papers from across Canada
- Canadian Newsstream: Complete: includes all titles from the Mjor Dailies collection as well as the now defunct Pacific Collection
Last updated: June 2019
ELN sites currently use the ProQuest interface to Canadian Newsstream. Historical statistics can be found using the instructions for the SLRI interface.
ProQuest usage statistics:
Electronic usage reports are part of the ProQuest Local Administrator Application. To access this feature, you must have a Local Administrator ID and password. Please contact ProQuest Customer Service to have a Local Administrator account set up (phone 800-889-3358 or email email@example.com). To login to the ProQuest Local Administrator, point your browser to http://proquest.umi.com/lad
- Click "Usage Report."
- Select the report type. Several options are available.
- Select the time period you want covered by the report ("Usage Period")
- Select the delivery method: email or display to screen. If you have any questions, please contact ProQuest customer service (phone and email given above.)
- BCIT - MAJOR DAILIES
- Camosun College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Capilano University - MAJOR DAILIES
- College of New Caledonia - MAJOR DAILIES
- Columbia College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Douglas College - COMPLETE
- Emily Carr University of Art & Design - MAJOR DAILIES
- Justice Institute of British Columbia - COMPLETE
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University - COMPLETE
- Langara College - MAJOR DAILIES
- North Island College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Okanagan College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Simon Fraser University - COMPLETE
- University of British Columbia - COMPLETE
- University of Northern British Columbia - COMPLETE
- University of the Fraser Valley - MAJOR DAILIES
- University of Victoria - COMPLETE
- Vancouver Community College - MAJOR DAILIES
- Vancouver Island University - COMPLETE
- Yukon College - COMPLETE
To RENEW Major Dailies or Canadian Newsstream, no response is required from current subscribers as listed above. To CANCEL or to CHANGE OPTIONS, libraries should contact BC ELN by the response deadline.
Late joins are permitted and prices will be prorated from the point of access.