You are here
Communication & Mass Media Complete
Communication & Mass Media Complete (CMMC) is a robust communication studies database. It provides full-text, indexing and abstracts for many top communication journals covering all related disciplines, including media studies, linguistics, rhetoric and discourse.
CMMC resource incorporates the content of CommSearch (formerly produced by the National Communication Association) and Mass Media Articles Index (formerly produced by Penn State) along with numerous other top journals in communication and media studies.
Many major journals have indexing, abstracts, PDFs and searchable cited references from their first issues to the present (dating as far back as 1900). In addition, CMMC contains a sophisticated communication thesaurus and comprehensive reference browsing.
To further develop and enhance this database, EBSCO has established two working groups of expert advisors represented by leading librarians, bibliographers and professionals in the areas of communication and mass media.
- Nearly 430 full-text journals
- Cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for 670 journals
- Selected coverage of nearly 200 journals
Last updated: November 18, 2019
Full Resource Details
Usage statistics are available by accessing EBSCOAdmin in the following way:
- Go to http://eadmin.epnet.com
- Enter your Customer ID and password (library administrators receive notification of their Customer ID upon setup, otherwise contact the BC ELN Office).
- Select the "Reports and Statistics" tab from the top of the screen.
- The "Reports and Statistics" section of the Admin module offers an easy means of setting up a wide range of report choices. For database usage statistics, choose Standard Reports or COUNTER reports. The Standard Reports offer more options, while the COUNTER reports are designed to meet an international standard. Link Activity reports are also available.
There are options to choose which activities to report, sort order, and select the date range of your choice. To have a report run regularly, schedule the report. Later, you can edit your scheduled reports if desired.
For further information, please contact EBSCO tech support at 1-800-758-5995 or 978-356-6500, e-mail email@example.com