You are here
Canadian Newsstream: Complete
Canadian Newsstream offers unparalleled access to the full text of nearly 300 newspapers from Canada's leading publishers, including The Globe and Mail.
This full text database includes the complete available electronic backfile for most newspapers, providing full access to the articles, columns, editorials, and features. Some backfiles date as far back as the late 1970s and 1980s. Canadian Newsstream content is updated daily so researchers always have timely access to new information.
Offering Canadian Newsstream through the ProQuest web interface provides subscribers with a single point of access to integrated Canadian, U.S., and international content and takes advantage of the extensive features and functions of the interface.
ELN Sites may choose to subscribe to one or more of the following collections within the Canadian Newsstand database:
- Major Dailies: includes major daily papers from across Canada
- Canadian Newsstream Complete
Last updated: April 27, 2017
Full Resource Details
ELN sites currently use the ProQuest interface to Canadian Newsstream. H
ProQuest usage statistics:
Electronic usage reports are part of the ProQuest Local Administrator Application. To access this feature, you must have a Local Administrator ID and password. Please contact ProQuest Customer Service to have a Local Administrator account set up (phone 800-889-3358 or email email@example.com). To login to the ProQuest Local Administrator, point your browser to http://proquest.umi.com/lad
- Click "Usage Report."
- Select the report type. Several options are available.
- Select the time period you want covered by the report ("Usage Period")
- Select the delivery method: email or display to screen. If you have any questions, please contact ProQuest customer service (phone and email given above.)