You are here
Books at JSTOR Purchase
Books at JSTOR offers more than 100,000 ebooks from renowned scholarly publishers, integrated with journals and primary sources on JSTOR’s easy-to-use platform.
As a not-for-profit with a mission to serve the academic community, JSTOR works closely with librarians, publishers, and scholars to develop this offering. We focus on delivering great content and experiences to researchers—and great value to academic libraries.
- High-quality content: We’re proud to work with leading academic publishers from around the world, including university presses, public policy organizations, and independent presses.
- Integration with journals: Users can search across the full text of ebooks and journals on JSTOR. Placing the ebooks into users’ existing research workflows helps increase discovery and usage.
- Ease of use: All ebook chapters are available exclusively in a DRM-free, unlimited-user model. They work just like the journal articles on JSTOR, with unlimited simultaneous use, PDF downloads, and printing, and no need to log in or use special software.
Ebook Acquisition Models
JSTOR offers flexible acquisition options to suit your collection strategy and budget. More details are available on the vendor's Ebook acquisition models page.
JSTOR’s Demand-Driven Acquisition (DDA) program offers access to a large set of titles for discovery and use, but your library only pays for those that reach a threshold of usage. This model allows libraries to align purchases more closely with patron needs, and ensures that you’ll never pay for titles that go unused.
We offer sets of the latest 2020 content as well as sets of both frontlist and backlist ebooks that complement JSTOR’s thematic collections of journals, research reports, and primary sources. All subject collections provide perpetual access with no recurring fees.
You can build a customized collection by selecting ebooks from our full title list or by using criteria such as publisher, discipline, and copyright year. We can work with you to provide holdings comparisons or recommendations based on turnaway data.
Last updated: January 6, 2021
This license is made available to BC ELN, COPPUL, and TAL member libraries, negotiated by BC ELN.
Full Resource Details
Frequently Asked Questions
Licence & Terms Details
- Capilano University - DDA
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University - DDA
- Selkirk College - DDA
- Trinity Western University - Individual title selection
- University of the Fraser Valley - DDA
- Vancouver Island University - DDA