You are here
4 Seasons of Reconciliation
4 Seasons of Reconciliation is a multi-media teaching unit that promotes a renewed relationship between Indigenous Peoples and Canadians, through transformative multi-media learning. This educational initiative, developed for the post-secondary sector and the workplace, incorporate teacher guides, slideshows, videos and films along with engaging online portals.
The resource includes the following units:
4 Seasons of Reconciliation is an educational initiative developed for all post-secondary students which incorporates in-class learning with multi-media and captivating online components including reconciliation films. In collaboration with the First Nations University of Canada, 4 Seasons of Reconciliation provides tools for students to explore themes in Canadian history from Indigenous perspectives.
The 5-hour course (3-hour in-class and 2-hour online) includes a comprehensive instructor’s guidebook, along with a PowerPoint and video library portal for students and faculty. The course provides the basic foundation on the relationship between Canada and Indigenous Peoples and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC) and assists the education sector in meeting the 94-Calls to Action from the TRC.
This Unit Includes:
- Monthly webinar coaching and on-boarding for faculty
- Instructor’s guidebook (PDF)
- A multi-media Instructor Portal
- A multi-media Student Portal
- A professional development online section for instructors
- 8 PowerPoint presentations
- The film ‘3rd World Canada’
- The award-winning reconciliation film series - 4 short films on reconciliation co-produced with First Nations University of Canada
- Bonus film & video library: Indigenous & reconciliation content
- Student pre- and final unit quizzes
- Student completion badge with Linkedin compatibility built-in
Professional Development Unit
4 Seasons of Reconciliation is a unique 3-hour and 15-minute online course which promotes a renewed relationship between Indigenous Peoples and Canadians through transformative learning about truth and reconciliation.
This workplace course provides the basic foundation on the relationship between Canada and Indigenous Peoples and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC). This course assists the education sector in meeting the 94-Calls to Action from the TRC with their own employees and sub-contractors.
In collaboration with First Nations University of Canada, 4 Seasons of Reconciliation provides a comprehensive online learning course with captivating multi-media components, including award-winning reconciliation documentaries. Each short module can be completed at the learner’s pace and provides a mix of learning tools such as PowerPoint, videos, films and quizzes. A certificate of completion and a bonus video library for on-going learning is provided at the end of the course.
This Course Includes:
- Monthly webinar coaching and on-boarding for faculty & staff
- Monthly phone consultation to assist you in with roll-out strategies and campaigns for the success of this resource within your workplace
- Customization of your portal with your logo, land acknowledgement and words of introduction from the representatives of your College or University
- Quarterly usage report
- 10 modular thematic lessons which can be completed at the learner’s pace
- Discussion forum
- Technical assistance
- Learning Management System portal (LMS) with individualized tracking
- The film ‘3rd World Canada’
- The reconciliation film series - 4 short films on reconciliation co-produced with First Nations University of Canada
- Pre- and final course quizzes
- Completion certificate with Linkedin compatibility built-in
Last updated: February 3, 2022
This license is made available through a national site license negotiated on behalf of Consortia Canada by The Alberta Library (TAL).
Full Resource Details
Usage statistics will be sent directly to subscribing institutions on a monthly basis, between the 1st and the 15th days of the month.