You are here
Associate Member Fee Schedule
The following fee schedule is current as of April 2016 and is subject to change without notice.
Application and Assessment Fee
- Libraries wishing to apply for BC ELN Associate Membership are required to pay BC ELN an application fee of $500. The applicant is responsible for any travel expenses incurred by the BC ELN Office during the application process;
- The application fee is non-refundable regardless of the decision of the BC ELN Steering Committee regarding the application;
- The application fee is a one-time fee while the library remains a member. If a library withdraws from BC ELN or becomes ineligible for membership and chooses to reapply, the application fee may be required again at the discretion of the BC ELN Director.
Annual Membership Fee
The membership fee allows associate members access to:
- Services of BC ELN Client Support Specialists for database troubleshooting, platform migrations, invoicing, and statistical analysis;
- Ongoing training for BC ELN supported products and services;
- An orientation to the BC ELN website as well as access to all the resources that reside there and are available to partner libraries;
- Participation in advocacy, lobbying, leadership, and collaborative efforts as taken on by BC ELN;
- Group purchasing power for licensing digital resources and in providing specific services (i.e. AskAway);
- BC ELN communications infrastructure for planning purposes, budgeting, and managing change;
- The membership fees are in addition to any vendor content or platform licensing fees, or any other service specific fees.
BC ELN Membership Fee
- Tier 1 (2 Year Programs): $1,500
- Tier 2 (4 Year Programs): $3,000
Research Database Service and AskAway Service Commitments
The commitments described below are annual unless otherwise indicated, and are in addition to the application and membership fee.
|Type 1. Research Databases||
Offers participating members system-wide access to research databases, including full text and full image sources. It includes training, troubleshooting, technical assistance, and ongoing negotiating services at group purchasing rates with vendor.
|Type 2. Virtual Reference||Offers access to 67 hours / week of virtual reference assistance for participating members. It includes training, troubleshooting, statistical analysis, software, and client support. The cost depends on your placement (based on student FTEs) within the fee categories as outlined in the cost-sharing model fee found at AskAway Service Support Fee: Cost-Sharing Model. This does not include the institution's contribution to service hours as designated by BC ELN.|