You are here
Project Muse eBooks Offer 2020-2021
Begins:January 1, 2021
Ends:December 31, 2021
Project MUSE has been a trusted provider of humanities and social science content for the scholarly community since 1995. The MUSE platform offers 100% complete, full-text, journal, book, and related content from over 200 not-for-profit publishers including many of the world's most distinguished university presses, scholarly societies, independent publishers, and academic departments. All content is fully integrated on the MUSE platform for searching and discovery, with the following features:
- Unlimited access and unlimited simultaneous usage
- Unlimited downloading and printing
- Responsive mobile interface
- Compliance with accessibility standards
- Integration and linking with discovery services
- Archiving and preservation of all digital content with Portico
- Reliable 24/7 access
- Authentication via IP, Shibboleth, referring URL, or secure proxy
Book Collections are available for purchase in a variety of options, including collections by subject or by area studies, as complete collections of all titles released on MUSE from a single publication year, archival collections of backlist titles, and supplemental collections of titles added to the MUSE platform after their initial publication year. Purchase of a MUSE Book Collection conveys perpetual access rights and interlibrary loan permission for the included books.
Project MUSE offers open access (OA) books and journals from several distinguished university presses and scholarly societies. Through our open access hosting programs, we are able to offer publishers a platform for their OA content which ensures visibility, discoverability, and wide dissemination. These books and journals are freely available to libraries and users around the world.
Last updated: January 4, 2021
- IP Authentication
- Remote Access
- Unlimited Access
To place an order, please fill out the Project MUSE Ebook order form in the Pricing Attachments section below:
- On the order form, enter the name and list price of the collection your library wishes to purchase (see the Pricing Model section below for an explanation of the pricing tiers). BC ELN will calculate the final discounts before sending the order to the vendor.
- Provide your library's customer number (if a current customer), contact information, and IP address ranges.
- Submit the order form to BC ELN by January 28, 2021 to be eligible for the 10% consortial discount.
Please contact the BC ELN Office if you have any questions.
Orders may be placed until October 31, 2021. Orders placed after January 28, 2021, however, will not be eligible for the 10% consortial discount.