You are here
Curio.ca Renewal 2019-2020
Begins:September 1, 2019
Ends:August 31, 2020
Launched in October 2013, Curio.ca is CBC and Radio-Canada’s online subscriber-based streaming service developed expressly for the Canadian educational community, including school boards, government ministries, universities, colleges and cégeps, and public libraries. Curio.ca currently reaches over two million students across Canada.
With a dedicated team of people experienced in educational resource development, production, web development, sales, marketing and distribution, Curio.ca is committed to providing the Canadian educational community with high-quality, Canadian digital learning resources that align with curriculum to meet today’s classroom needs and support learning when, where and how teachers and students want it.
Curio.ca gives teachers and students streaming access to the best in educational video and audio from CBC and Radio-Canada. You'll find documentaries from television and radio, news reports and more — all available with a single subscription!
Our collection features thousands of programs and hundreds of teacher resource guides carefully curated to support provincial K-12 curricula and post-secondary courses across the country. Curio.ca gives teachers and students 24/7 access to a wealth of primary-source content in English and French. It’s a great tool to help students develop critical-thinking skills. Every week, we add new content selected for its educational relevance, always commercial-free, including the latest from CBC’s award-winning documentary, news, drama, and children's programming (e.g. The Nature of Things, The Fifth Estate and The National).
Each participating institution will receive one main account under the account of their consortium. Each participating institution can then request a number of accounts to be set up for each professor, who can then set up his/her individual profile so as to be able to prepare play lists for sharing with the students in his/her course(s). Library staff may also wish to set up a few accounts, for training purposes. A limit of 2,000 accounts for professors/staff per institution.*
*NOTE: Names of professors/staff for individual profile accounts are not required at this time. Details on the process for professors/staff to take advantage of this functionality will be provided upon subscription.
Last updated: May 15, 2017
Each subscribing library can produce their institutions' usage statistics from within Curio's admin module. Links to guides and tutorials (English and French) are below. The guide refers to an "access code" used to create an account. If you do not know your access code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To RENEW your current subscription, no response is required from the following libraries:
- Camosun College (Curio, News in Review)
- Capilano University (Curio, News in Review)
- College of the Rockies (Curio, News in Review)
- Coast Mountain College (Curio, News in Review)
- Columbia College (Curio, News in Review)
- Douglas College (Curio, News in Review)
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design (Curio, News in Review, National Geographic - English)
- Justice Institute of BC (Curio, News in Review)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University (Curio, News in Review)
- Langara College (Curio, News in Review, National Geographic - English)
- North Island College (Curio)
- Okanagan College (Curio, News in Review)
- Royal Roads University (Curio)
- Selkirk College (Curio)
- Thompson Rivers University (Curio, News in Review)
- Trinity Western University (Curio)
- University of British Columbia (Curio, News in Review)
- University Canada West (Curio, News in Review)
- University of the Fraser Valley (Curio, News in Review)
- Vancouver Community College (Curio, News in Review)
- Vancouver Island University (Curio, News in Review)
- Yukon College (Curio, News in Review)
To JOIN, CHANGE OPTIONS, or CANCEL a subscription, libraries should contact BC ELN by August 2, 2019.
Late subscriptions are permitted, and their pro rated pricing will be based on the cents/FTE for the main subscription to this product.