You are here
Books at JSTOR Offer 2017-2018
Begins:February 1, 2018
Ends:January 31, 2019
Books at JSTOR offers more than 55,000 ebooks from renowned scholarly publishers, integrated with journals and primary sources on JSTOR’s easy-to-use platform.
All titles offered in Books at JSTOR are available exclusively in a DRM-free, unlimited-user model. The ebooks work just like the journals on JSTOR, with unlimited simultaneous use, downloads, and printing, and no need to log in or use special software.
Benefits of Books at JSTOR include:
- High-quality scholarly content: Important titles from leading academic publishers from around the world, including university presses, public policy organizations, and independent presses
- Easy to use: All ebook chapters are available exclusively in a DRM-free, unlimited-user model. They work just like the journal articles on JSTOR, with unlimited simultaneous use, PDF downloads, and printing, and no need to log in or use special software
- Seamless integration with journals: Users can search across the full text of ebooks and journals on JSTOR. Placing the ebooks into users’ existing research workflows helps increase discovery and usage
- Unlimited, DRM-free access: JSTOR's unlimited-user model allows unlimited downloading and printing of DRM-free chapters
- Flexible purchase models: Build a collection title by title; choose a subject collection; or set up Demand-Driven Acquisition to pay for titles only when they're used
- Open access: More than 2,500 Open Access ebooks from leading publishers are now available on JSTOR, at no cost to libraries or users
- Preservation assured: Books at JSTOR titles are preserved in Portico, ITHAKA's digital archive service
Last updated: January 22, 2018
The following COUNTER-compliant statistics are available from JSTOR Admin:
- COUNTER BR2 – Number of Successful Book Section Requests by Month and Title
- COUNTER BR3 – Access Denied to Book Content Items by Month, Title and Category
A custom usage report for Demand-Driven Acquisition accounts, which reflects acquisitions, chapter views, and chapter downloads is also available.
Libraries that participate in the Books at JSTOR program may opt in to receive weekly or monthly usage reports. Sign up at Books at JSTOR Usage reports.
- IP Authentication
- Remote Access
- Unlimited Authorized Users
- University of the Fraser Valley - DDA
Pricing and Trial Access
Terms & Conditions
More information about the following topics are linked below:
- JSTOR's eBook DDA Program
- JSTOR Platform Features
- JSTOR Participating Book Publishers
- Books at JSTOR LibGuide
- Inside Higher Education's Article on Books at JSTOR
Books at JSTOR offers free, high-quality MARC records from OCLC. The MARC records are available to all participating institutions, regardless of whether they are OCLC affiliates. You can download sample MARC records here (in .mrc format).