You are here
4 Seasons of Reconciliation Renewal 2022-2023
Begins:April 1, 2022
Ends:March 31, 2023
4 Seasons of Reconciliation is a multi-media teaching unit that promotes a renewed relationship between Indigenous Peoples and Canadians, through transformative multi-media learning. This educational initiative, developed for the post-secondary sector and the workplace, incorporate teacher guides, slideshows, videos and films along with engaging online portals.
The resource includes the following units:
4 Seasons of Reconciliation is an educational initiative developed for all post-secondary students which incorporates in-class learning with multi-media and captivating online components including reconciliation films. In collaboration with the First Nations University of Canada, 4 Seasons of Reconciliation provides tools for students to explore themes in Canadian history from Indigenous perspectives.
The 5-hour course (3-hour in-class and 2-hour online) includes a comprehensive instructor’s guidebook, along with a PowerPoint and video library portal for students and faculty. The course provides the basic foundation on the relationship between Canada and Indigenous Peoples and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC) and assists the education sector in meeting the 94-Calls to Action from the TRC.
This Unit Includes:
- Monthly webinar coaching and on-boarding for faculty
- Instructor’s guidebook (PDF)
- A multi-media Instructor Portal
- A multi-media Student Portal
- A professional development online section for instructors
- 8 PowerPoint presentations
- The film ‘3rd World Canada’
- The award-winning reconciliation film series - 4 short films on reconciliation co-produced with First Nations University of Canada
- Bonus film & video library: Indigenous & reconciliation content
- Student pre- and final unit quizzes
- Student completion badge with Linkedin compatibility built-in
Professional Development Unit
4 Seasons of Reconciliation is a unique 3-hour and 15-minute online course which promotes a renewed relationship between Indigenous Peoples and Canadians through transformative learning about truth and reconciliation.
This workplace course provides the basic foundation on the relationship between Canada and Indigenous Peoples and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC). This course assists the education sector in meeting the 94-Calls to Action from the TRC with their own employees and sub-contractors.
In collaboration with First Nations University of Canada, 4 Seasons of Reconciliation provides a comprehensive online learning course with captivating multi-media components, including award-winning reconciliation documentaries. Each short module can be completed at the learner’s pace and provides a mix of learning tools such as PowerPoint, videos, films and quizzes. A certificate of completion and a bonus video library for on-going learning is provided at the end of the course.
This Course Includes:
- Monthly webinar coaching and on-boarding for faculty & staff
- Monthly phone consultation to assist you in with roll-out strategies and campaigns for the success of this resource within your workplace
- Customization of your portal with your logo, land acknowledgement and words of introduction from the representatives of your College or University
- Quarterly usage report
- 10 modular thematic lessons which can be completed at the learner’s pace
- Discussion forum
- Technical assistance
- Learning Management System portal (LMS) with individualized tracking
- The film ‘3rd World Canada’
- The reconciliation film series - 4 short films on reconciliation co-produced with First Nations University of Canada
- Pre- and final course quizzes
- Completion certificate with Linkedin compatibility built-in
Last updated: February 3, 2022
Usage statistics will be sent directly to subscribing institutions on a monthly basis, between the 1st and the 15th days of the month.
- Limited Authorized Users
- Remote Access
- Acsenda School of Management - Post-Secondary Unit
- Columbia College: Post-Secondary Unit, Secondary Unit, Professional Development Unit
- Okanagan College - Post-Secondary Unit, Professional Development Unit
- Thompson Rivers University - Post-Secondary Unit
- University of Northern British Columbia - Post-Secondary Unit
- Vancouver Community College - Post-Secondary Unit
To RENEW, no response is required from current subscribers as listed. To JOIN or CANCEL, libraries should contact BC ELN by the response deadline.
Late joins are welcome and will be pro-rated to the common renewal date.
Pricing and Trial Access
Terms & Conditions
Access to 4 Seasons of Reconciliation is via unique URLs and username and password.
For the Post-Secondary Unit, each subscribing institution will be sent a unique access URL that can be shared with faculty at that institution. Each faculty member must create their own password-protected account (instructor portal) which can then be shared with their students (student portal). Students will be able to access the course using a unique URL sent from their instructor, without needing to log in to the course.
For the Professional Development Unit, each subscribing institution will be sent a unique access URL that can be shared with faculty and staff at that institution. Faculty and staff will need to set up their own individual profiles with a username and password.
Francophone versions of each also available.
Learning Management System
Faculty at subscribing institutions can opt to be part of the admin of the learning management system and also have access to each learner’s progress.
From the vendor: Please allow for 2-4 weeks course set-up time prior to learners having access to the materials. The vendor will require technical information if a SCORM package is requested for embedding in your internal learning management system (LMS) prior to delivery.
You can view the video for the webinar for new customers here: https://youtu.be/QhiO4M9t2TA
You can also access some introductory content at 4 Seasons of Reconciliation here:
Password is: sage