You are here
BC ELN COVID-19 Update and Service Continuity
As work and educational priorities shift in response to COVID-19, BC ELN recognizes that institutions are moving rapidly to online modes of service delivery.
BC ELN resources and services are viable options to support institutions during this transition. For the most part, we do not anticipate interruptions for members. The BC ELN team is currently working remotely, and staff monitor services from home. We are available as usual through phone and email.
Below is a summary of key services and how they will be maintained in the foreseeable future:
- The majority of BC ELN subscriptions include unlimited access for end users
- Check vendor websites to view specific business continuity plans
- BC ELN supports the International Coalition of Library Consortia’s Statement on the Global COVID-19 Pandemic and Its Impact on Library Services and Resources
- Licensing renewals will carry on as scheduled; information will continue to be sent to the Collections listserv
Arca Digital Repository
- Remains online and accessible
- The Arca Administrative Centre will continue to operate remotely
AskAway Chat Reference
- AskAway has a Continuity Plan in place to ensure the service remains available
- Many institutions have institutional queues available to provide research help specific to their users’ needs
- Information will be shared on the AskAway Local Coordinators listserv
Illume Interlibrary Loan Service
- BC ELN will coordinate with Libraries Branch; further messaging will be coming
- Updates will be shared on the Resource Sharing listserv and appropriate public library ILL lists
WriteAway Online Tutoring
- WriteAway Continuity Plan for COVID-19 has been released to participants
- Information will be shared with the WriteAway Coordinators listserv
We understand this is a challenging time for everyone. Please take care of one another.