You are here
AskAway Service Provider Training (Online): January 10th at 1pm (PT)
AskAway service provider training is open to new and returning service providers.
There are two parts to the training:
- Self-directed online module: Prior to the live session, trainees will be sent a link to complete the online module. The expected completion time is 1 - 1.5 hours. Trainees will learn about AskAway as a collaborative service as well as policies and best practices for providing collaborative chat reference.
- Live online session: Scheduled for 3.5 hours, with breaks. Trainees will learn about the collaborative software tools and will gain hands-on experience answering practice chats with their AskAway colleagues.
By the end of training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context for collaborative chat reference service.
- Apply the policies and procedures of AskAway.
- Define quality chat reference service and identify successful chat reference practices.
- Apply appropriate reference skills during chat reference sessions.
- Use chat reference software to send chat messages to and share links and screenshots with learners.
- Successfully resolve common challenging situations.
- Identify and locate available resources for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Communicate with fellow AskAwayers and local coordinators.
- Know what to expect on the first shift.
Questions & Access Needs
If you have any questions about training or access needs, please contact the AskAway Administrative Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When signing up, please include your institution with your first and last name. Thank you!
- If you are having difficulty signing up, please contact the Admin Centre and we'll be happy to sign you up on our end