You are here
AskAway Service Provider Training (Online): September 24 (10:00am-1:30pm PT)
AskAway service provider training is open to new and returning service providers. The session provides trainees with an understanding of AskAway policies and best practices for collaborative chat reference as well as a chance to get comfortable with AskAway software by answering practice chats.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context for collaborative chat reference.
- Apply the policies and procedures of AskAway.
- Define quality chat reference service and identify successful chat reference practices.
- Apply appropriate reference skills during chat reference sessions.
- Use chat reference software to send chat messages to and share links and screenshots with learners.
- Successfully resolve common challenging situations.
- Identify and locate available resources for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Communicate with fellow AskAwayers and local coordinators.
- Know what to expect on the first shift.
Questions & Access Needs
If you have any questions about training or access needs, please contact the AskAway Administrative Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org