You are here
AskAway Basic Training (Online): May 13 (1:00pm-4:30pm PT)
AskAway basic training is open to new and returning service providers. The session provides trainees with an understanding of AskAway policies and best practices for collaborative chat reference as well as a chance to get comfortable with AskAway software by answering practice calls.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context for province-wide chat reference.
- Define quality chat reference service and identify successful chat reference practices.
- Use chat reference software to send chat messages to and share links and screenshots with learners.
- Apply appropriate reference skills during chat reference sessions.
- Identify and locate available resources for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Apply the policies and procedures of AskAway.
- Successfully resolve common challenging situations.
- Communicate with fellow AskAwayers and local coordinators.
- Know what to expect on the first shift.
If you have any questions about training or access needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org