You are here
AskAway Basic Training (Online): September 10 (1pm-4:30pm)
AskAway basic training is open to new and returning service providers. The session provides trainees with an understanding of AskAway policies and best practices for chat reference as well as a chance to get comfortable with AskAway software by answering practice calls.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context for province-wide chat reference.
- Define quality chat reference service and identify successful chat reference practices.
- Use chat reference software to send chat messages to and share links with patrons.
- Apply appropriate reference skills during chat reference sessions.
- Identify and locate available resources for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Apply the policies and procedures of AskAway.
- Successfully resolve common challenging situations.
- Communicate with fellow AskAwayers and local coordinators.
- Know what to expect on the first shift.
If you have any questions about training or access needs, please contact Cristen at 778.782.5419 or email@example.com