You are here
AskAway Basic Training - Online
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 10:00am to 1:30pm
Online (trainees will be sent a link to join the session)
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context for province-wide chat reference.
- Define quality chat reference service and identify successful chat reference practices.
- Use chat reference software to send chat messages to and share links with patrons.
- Apply appropriate reference skills during chat reference sessions.
- Identify and locate available resources for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Apply the policies and procedures of AskAway.
- Successfully resolve common challenging situations.
- Communicate with fellow AskAwayers and local coordinators.
- Know what to expect on the first shift.
Questions about training? Please contact Cristen at email@example.com