You are here
AskAway Basic Training - In person at UBC
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context for province-wide chat reference.
- Define quality chat reference service and identify successful chat reference practices.
- Use chat reference software to send chat messages to and share links with patrons.
- Apply appropriate reference skills during chat reference sessions.
- Identify and locate available resources for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Apply the policies and procedures of AskAway.
- Successfully resolve common challenging situations.
- Communicate with fellow AskAwayers and local coordinators.
- Know what to expect on the first shift.
Please note: Lunch and refreshments will not be provided. There will be scheduled morning and afternoon coffee breaks and a lunch break.
Directions to Room B25 in Woodward Library (NOTE: click on the tab for Room B25 to see information and directions for this room)
Questions about training? Please contact Cristen at firstname.lastname@example.org