You are here
AskAway Basic Training - Online
Thursday, September 7, 2017 - 1:00pm to 4:30pm
Online (trainees will be sent a link to join the session)
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context for province-wide chat reference.
- Define quality chat reference service and identify successful chat reference practices.
- Use chat reference software to send chat messages to and share links with patrons.
- Apply appropriate reference skills during chat reference sessions .
- Identify and locate available resources for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Articulate and apply the policies and procedures of AskAway.
- Communicate with fellow AskAway members and coordinators and know what to expect on the first shift.
- Successfully resolve common challenging situations.
Questions about training? Please contact Cristen at firstname.lastname@example.org